Thursday, June 3, 2010

Isn't She a Beauty? or Poems for People I Love(d) Once; Big Pelican Puppet

These images of our coast are horrifying. A friend and I are looking to build a giant pelican puppet covered in oil to brign through the streets and organize some actions. Let me know if you want to help with the thing. No impunity for big oil!

Also, I finished a chapbook this semester. It is called Isn't She a Beauty? or Poems for People I Love(d) Once. There are about 14 poems in there. I sewed them all and drew the covers and everything. Soon I will scan one and put it on here so you can see what it looks like. I made only 28 copies. If you want one, please email me (mgbarrera@gmail.com) and I can get one to you. Giving me some mailing money would be really nice if you have it and if you donate a little money that would be great because it will go toward the big puppet and hopefully some other projects like that for the spill.



No comments: